Wednesday 20 November 2013

my path in life

I often debate whether or not I'm on the right path, it's one of the annoying thought processes that never seems to get out of my head. One day I hope to have found myself and see that I'm happy and know that I am on the right path. It's not that I'm afraid of hard work, as far as I'm concerned mentally stimulating work compared to dragging yourself half asleep around a restaurant, is a treat. I'm not worried about challenge, I'm not wary of new surroundings or new commitments. It's just when you hear people talking about passion, well passion is such a strong word, I don't care to use it often and lightly, I only have true, on fire, burning passion for two things and its always been the same; Mr Jones and writing. I've only ever wanted one thing so much that I'm sure I'll drown in disappointment if it doesn't come into being, I want to be a published author.

I know who I am, I know what makes me who I am. I'll do what I need to do because that's the appropriate and sensible thing to do, and I have no doubt I'll sink my teeth into it, but its not the passion that rages inside. My life was always meant to be half lived through the pages of a book. Nothing will ever mean as much to me, that doesn't mean I wont always put 100% effort into everything along my road, but I know what my destiny is and always has been, everything else is just part of the scenery, not the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment