Thursday 2 May 2013

Can't take me, I'm free

I heard a song today that inspired me, Bryan Adams: "You can't take me"
"Don't judge a thing until you know what's inside it,

  Don't push me I'll fight it. Never gonna give in, never gonna give it up, no.
You can't take me, I'm free!"

"I wanna know what's going on
And what's this holding me?
I'm not where I'm supposed to be
I gotta fight another fight
I gotta fight with all my might
I'm getting out, so check it out
you're in my way
Yeah, you better watch out
You can't take me, I'm free"


I have a lot of preparation and thinking to do for my future. At my age I suppose it's natural to start thinking about the choices you will make that will shape your life. I need to spend the next year getting ready for the job I hope to get, I need to start establishing where I am going to set myself when I finish Uni. I have always hated cages, the cage of grey and dull blocks that is the city, I dream about the country, the sea, the green, the smell and the sound. I crave to be where I belong which isn't here. If I hold myself here I'll resent it one day, it will effect those closest to me, just the way my dad resents living here. But I will not follow that path, I will be happy and I will do as I please, I won't just dream about it. I have a lot of planning to do, that's for certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment