Tuesday 5 March 2013

Trees and Woodland

I'm a big fan of trees, I think everything about them is beautiful and amazing. The roots go as far into the ground as the height of the tree you know, it's trunk and bark all knots and knobbles and contrasting smooth and rough lines. Then theres the leaves, beautiful, stunning intricate leaves, so many of them and each one perfect. The veins on leaves have always fasinated me, then when autumn comes and they change colour, bruised browns, violent reds, sunny yellow, orange, purples, such an amazing beautiful way to die. I think there's no better place to be than in a woodland, where you can forget the rest of the world, because this is how it was always meant to be. This beautiful natural surrounding is how England was intended to look. This is one of the reasons why I want to be reincarnated as a fox or something, so I can live that life in such a beautiful place.

So I took some time a while ago to do an art study of trees and woodland, I've by no means finished, I intend to add to this study quite a bit. I sat in some random places with my sketch book and a bag of paint, my watercolours and a few oils, some jam jars and bottles of water, so far here are some of the pieces I've done.








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment